Josh N. Bennett, Esq. - Profile
Extensive in-depth involvement and experience in all aspects of asset preservation planning (international and domestic), including:
- International tax, estate, and gift tax planning
- Foreign investment and international business activities
- International estate and gift planning for resident alien, citizen and non-resident alien (NRA) estates and trusts
- Foreign trust planning
- Taxation of real estate matters
- Estate and gift tax planning utilizing offshore life insurance products
- Offshore banking
- Offshore mutual fund establishment
- Foreign trust planning for NRAs
- International business corporation planning
- Outbound tax planning
- Other real estate matters
- Principal, The Law Firm of Josh N. Bennett, Esq., P.A., Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Tax Associate, Parker, Chapin, Flattau & Klimpl, New York, NY
- Tax Associate, Shanley & Fisher, Morristown, NJ
JUDICIAL LAW CLERK
- The Honorable Larry L. Nameroff, United States Tax Court, 1986–87; researched and drafted federal tax opinions
Georgetown University Law Center – Washington, D.C.
- LL.M. Taxation, 1986
- Honors Degree, Top 10%
- Received an “A” on thesis entitled: The Passive Loss Rules; Treasury new PAL
University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D., May 1985
Michigan State University – East Lansing, Michigan
- B.A. Business, May 1982
Bar Admission and Organizations
- Lecturer, Sovereign Society
- Lecturer/Member, Asia Offshore Association Global Advisory Committee
- Florida, New Jersey and the District of Columbia Bar Associations
- Lecturer, The Florida Bar, Estate and Gift Tax Planning; International Tax Planning Asset Protection and Planning
- Lecturer, Florida Chapter, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Continuing Education Seminar Series, Tax Planning.
Member, Society of Trust and Estate Planners
Ian S. Horowitz – Profile
Mr. Horowitz concentrates his practice in the areas of federal income, estate, gift, and generation skipping transfer taxation and related business transactional matters. He prepares estate planning documents and implements estate plans ranging from simple wills to complicated domestic and foreign trusts. He provides counsel to businesses and individuals on entity formation, tax efficient structures, and overall business strategies. Additionally, he is well versed in drafting business transactional documents including purchase and sale agreements, limited liability operating agreements, and other partnership agreements.
Further, Mr. Horowitz specializes in international tax advising for inbound foreign clients as well as counseling domestic businesses on outbound foreign business activities. He has experience in pre-immigration planning for non-resident aliens in addition to structuring foreign businesses to achieve the most tax efficient structure from a US standpoint.
Additionally, Mr. Horowitz negotiates with the IRS on behalf of clients and has prepared civil penalty appeals briefs, in addition to navigating clients through the offshore voluntary disclosure program. He advises clients on Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), in addition to Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR).
Mr. Horowitz received his undergraduate degree (economics) and juris doctor from the University of Florida. He went on to earn his LL.M. in taxation, with a certificate in estate planning, from Georgetown University Law Center where he graduated in the top 7% of his class with distinction.